CLICKING ONCE EVERYDAY HELPS PAY FOR MAMMOGRAMS

The Breast Cancer Site

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Still Learning...

Today I decided to try and make a flower using my stash of DMC floss and a 2.00 steel crochet hook.  I used to cross stitch ALOT (putting that mildly) but my hands will not allow me to hold a little sewing needle anymore, so crochet hooks have all been getting a workout as I refresh my memory and try new things.  Had to make a thick handle to put that little hook in in order for me to hold it without my hands going numb up to my shoulders (18 thousand feet of bandaide tape works wonders - lol)
My first try at a flower was helped along by Lee Ann Hamm over at http://www.fortunecity.com/millenium/abbeydale/183/pansy.htm   who did a wonderful job writing directions this little ol' lady could follow (though I did have to use the WWW to find out how to do a d tr stitch (never heard of it before now).

After using two different blues for the pansy I trimmed it in silver fillament.  It really does look better than this picture I took, my camera was worse at taking the pic than the camera on my old cell phone took.  

So see?  Even this 53 yr old Nana can still learn something new :-)

Have a great day and thanks for looking !!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It turned out very nice!! And....quit calling yourself an old nana cause I'm 2 years older than you! lol!! And...a grammy! Love your work!! :=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Diane... I am an old nana and I see I am in "GREAT" company (this side of 50). Thanks for the compliments, it really warmed my heart <3

    ReplyDelete